Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Too Funny!

My kids are always making me laugh. I usually don't write down or document in any way all the funny things they do. I decided to get this one on the record. Haley was playing down at the pond at the entrance of our subdivision. It was getting close to dinner time so I was going to get in the car and drive down to get her. I didn't need to when I saw her walking home. I called to her to run cause it was time to eat. She started running--a little slow and awkwardly I thought. When she got closer I realized why she was running slow and awkward. She was wearing pants that can roll up and become capris. The straps to button the pants up were tied together. My first thought was that the neighbor boys who she was with had tied her pants together and she couldn't get them untied--and how dare they do such a mean thing to sweet Haley. However, she informed me that she did it to herself because she wanted to wade in the pond without getting her pants wet. So, instead of rolling them up and buttoning them how they were designed to do, she rolled them up and tied the straps together. They got wet, and she pulled them too tight and she couldn't untie them. She walked the 1/2 mile back to the house like that--like a penguin! Maybe it's just me and the sight of seeing her waddle up to the house, but it cracked me up!


Love you, Haley!!

3 comments:

Debi said...

That's hilarious! Love it - thanks for the laugh, Haley

Alison said...

That's so funny! Kids come up with the best things don't they. You're too cute Haley!

Jaylynn said...

That's cute!