Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Weekend Getaway!

I had the chance to go to Sun Valley with my mom and sister this last weekend. We decided to meet up there for a little getaway. While we were there we participated in the National Multiple Sclerosis Society fun run/walk. My grandma Josephine Luman died in her early sixties from MS. I was only 2 and so don't have any memories of her. We talked about grandma as we walked and I learned a lot about her. She taught school with her sister in a two-room school house in Kansas after high school. Later, she joined the army where she was a dietitian and also where she met her husband. She was an intelligent lady which explains why my mom is also very intelligent. It was a fun time even though it rained on us most of the way. Besides the fundraiser walk we did the usual "girly" things. We went to the spa, did some shopping and saw the movie "The Women".

Here is the 3 of us before the walk (and rain) started.

The mountains were beautiful! This picture doesn't do them justice. Thank you mom and Laura for a great weekend! Debi and Anjela--we missed you! There's always next year!

2 comments:

Brigit said...

How fun! It is so refreshing to have a girls weekend. I always enjoy spending time with my mom and sister. I'm so glad that you were able to do that! We need to plan a "Robinson" girls get-away.

Jaylynn said...

Looks like lots of fun Kara! It's fun to see your mom and sister too