Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A day at West Yellowstone





We visited the museum in West Yellowstone. The blizzard outside forced people in to escape the crazy June weather.







We took last Saturday and spent the afternoon there. We also took the kids to the Playmill Theatre. We has some time to kill before the play started so we went to the IMAX and watched a movie on bears. Nate and Kacie made a friend with this one.



Zach thought he could take on the ferocious grizzly--you wanna a piece o' me?





We are just waiting to go into the theatre here. A moose tried to jump on us! :)
We had a nice overall day there. It is nice to be close to some of these fun places. I remember thinking our camping trip to Yellowstone National Park when I was little was a huge deal. Now its practically in our backyard. What a treat to have such a beautiful place a couple hours away!

2 comments:

Alison said...

What a cute family. YOu guys do such fun things together! Looks like your summer is off to a great start!

And DAve and I stopped by and tip-toed through your house this afternoon. (I hope you don't mind!) It's BEAUTIFUL!!! I love it! Everything looks SOOO nice!!! I wish I could have some of your decorations! :)

Brigit said...

It looks like you guys had a fun time in Yellowstone. I really took Yellowstone Park for granted growing up. I love the Playmill - and the fudge at intermission!