Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The best chocolate frosting

I found this recipe awhile ago and have used it all the time since. I have always been "frosting challenged" and could never quite make a good one. This one is great and can't be messed up! Enjoy!

Sour Cream Chocolate Frosting

1 cup semi-sweet chips (may also use semi-sweet baking squares)
1/4 cup butter (real butter)
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. salt
2 1/2 -2 3/4 cups powdered sugar

Melt chips and butter in microwave for 45 seconds. Blend in sour cream, vanilla and salt. Gradually beat in powdered sugar until desired spreading consistency.

2 comments:

Alison said...

This recipe looks yummy! I've never been good at homemade frosting, I'll be looking forward to giving this a try!

And I reaaly can't wait to see your house in the home show!!!

Brigit said...

Thanks for sharing Kara. This sounds great!