Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Our Easter

I hope that all of you had a great Easter holiday! For some reason, I hate coloring eggs! Every year I manage to muster enough patience to help the kids color eggs. Not sure why I don't like it--maybe its the fighting over who get to do what color when, or the clean up afterwards, or the color that bleeds onto the eggs (grosses me out), or what to do with all those hardboiled eggs--we did 18 this year. Ok, so maybe I can think of why I don't like it. That's why I had to take some pictures to document my determination that my kids do one fun thing for Easter.

Nate and everyone are anxiously waiting for their eggs to be just the right shade


Brayden carefully puts an egg into the dye


Haley and Kacie show off their "sisters" Easter dresses--its so fun!


Here is just part of the egg family that was brought to life at our house. I think I see some resemblance to our own family!

3 comments:

Wilson said...

Your blog is nice!

Alison said...

Kara, I love your honesty! You're a great mom to let them do something anyway when you don't like it. The eggs turned out cute. I LOVE your kitchen! And your girls look darling in those cute dresses! Haley looks so grown up to me!

Jaylynn said...

Way cute eggs! I love the faces! I'm glad someone besides me doesn't like coloring eggs. I had to work Sat. night before easter and Brandon asked if they should color eggs without me and I told them to go ahead. In my mind I was shouting horray!!