Monday, August 15, 2011

Ponderosa State Park

I took Haley, Nate and Kacie to McCall where we camped at Ponderosa State Park with my sister, Laura. It was a fun time and it was good to be in the mountains smelling fresh pine air!

Here was are. Our tent is behind us. Not bad for a couple of women!
We spent one day at Payette Lake. There were some tiny fish swimming around the shore and Nate was determined to catch one. He spent the whole time there trying to catch on in his net. He never did get one but you have to admire his determination

The girls playing around the water.
We played some horse shoes. After a while Kacie decided that if she stood really close she could get a ringer every time!
Nate was a little more up for the challenge. He loved the horse shoes!

Haley's sand creation


Laura has a cool camping hammock that folds up small and fits in a little bag--it was great!
It was a beautiful place and we are so glad we got to go!

3 comments:

Debi said...

I remember camping at Ponderosa when we were little. Looks like it was a fun time, why didn't Brett and the boys go?

Alison said...

That looks so fun! And nice and relaxing. I'm impressed you and Laura got up the tent and all that! I'm missing the smell of pines right now!

It was fun to see all your posts. I can't believe how tall Zach is! Looks like you guys have been having a great summer. We miss seeing you guys!

The Root Family said...

I should have bucked up and came along with the boys. I'm glad you had a great time.