Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Braces and Fire

I can hardly believe that I have a child in braces! Zach got them put on Monday morning. Its a lot to get use to but he is a good sport about all of it. He is sure growing up and so far the pre-teen years are manageable. Lets hope it stays that way!


A little excitement at our house Saturday afternoon! Zach's scout leaders truck engine caught fire in our drive way when he was dropping Zach off from a camp out. I called 9-1-1 to get the fire department out. Brett and his leader were able to put the fire out before the firefighters got there, but they still wanted to make the drive out to be sure there were no hot spots. Its a little nerve wracking to make the call. Thanks to the kids we have called 9-1-1 five times now--this last time was the only intentional call. I'm sure they thought the kids on Little Town Dr. are at it again!




2 comments:

Alison said...

Way to go Zach! Still handsome as ever in braces. He's such a good kid Kara. I hope my boys are like yours in their pre-teen years! It's because they have such a good mom. :)

And that's funny your kids have called 911 so many times. Crazy for the fire trucks, etc! Glad everything was okay. Lots of excitement on Little Town Drive!

Katie Russell said...

Zach, you really do look good in braces! I hope you are feeling better. You will be glad that you did it!

I am sure that 911 dispatchers get calls all the time for kids. At least they know how to call it!