Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Back to School!

A big day at our house today. The kids started school again. I think we were all ready for school to start again.

This is my attempt to be a fun mom and have a cute treat for the kids when they got home from school.



The kids thought that I should have my picture taken, too, since its kind of back to work for mom--making breakfast. No more sleeping in for me while the kids help themselves to sugar-loaded cold cereal.
Zach is definitely ready for band class to start again. Those trombones are so loud!
Haley all ready to go! Favorite thing about the first day of school: "recess" Worst thing about first day of school: "practicing lining up" Brayden--Favorite thing: "lunch" Worst thing: "I don't think there was really anything bad"
Zach-- Favorite thing: "going from class to class instead of staying in the same class all day" Worst thing: "riding the bus"
It was an overall good day for everyone. I enjoyed the quieter morning and getting a lot more done than I do with all the kids home. Here we go with another school year!


3 comments:

Brigit said...

What cute kids. I love the trombone!! Does he have to practice much at home?

I feel your pain with waking up and making breakfast. We were sleeping in until 8:00 last week. No rush to have some cereal.

Now, I have been getting up before 7:00 to get breakfast on the table so we can rush out the door. Its killing me!!!

Alison said...

I didn't even know Zach played the trombone! That's awesome! Great picture of him practicing, that thing IS huge! I'm not looking forward to getting up early to get breakfast ready either. I'm really impressed you get up to make pancakes! I love the favorite things, worst things, that's a great idea. And way to go on those cupcakes. Those are so cute and I bet your kids loved them!

Mist said...

Kara you are the best mom! I think that our girls are going to have a great year in school! Your boys are sure growing up! I loved all of your back to school pictures. Now that school has started maybe we will see each other again!